SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304142 - 04/30/06 04:23 PM Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
On my gig yesterday, I sang and played live (auto accomp mode), and on Tyros2 of course , the song "Blue Bayou", dedicating it to my family & friends in Louisiana (including our Synthzone Member buds (Don Mason & company) jamming together in Shreveport this weekend). I recorded directly to theTyros2 HD and acknowledge it contains a few glitches (but hey it's live, so what can ya expect), but I believe it demonstrates how Tyros2 sounds in a live performance situation after having tweaked the T2's EQ, effects, compression, and volume settings to deliver a punchier "live" concert sound, vs polished CD studio sound.

To listen, go to my website:
Scott Yee Entertainment
then:
Go to the: "Song Demos" Page.
Scroll down to the: "Rock & Blues" Category.
Go to: "Blue Bayou", then
Click on DSL/Cable (6.33MB) or 56K (1.28MB) version

Thanks in advance to all for listening.

Scott

#304143 - 04/30/06 07:23 PM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Sounds fine, Scott, Good Job, Thanks for sharing.
Bebop

#304144 - 04/30/06 10:48 PM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

Hope you're keeping well. Thorougly enjoyed your performance of this song, WELL DONE!!!!

All the best

Peter

#304145 - 05/03/06 06:47 AM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Bebop & Peter, many thanks for the nice replies. Peter, having read the other posting thread here , in which you requested, & subsequently received the chords for this tune, I'm hoping you might now consider recording and sharing with us, your Tyros rendition of this classic song composed & originally recorded by Roy Orbison in the fifties, and then a 70's hit for Linda Ronstadt as well. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-03-2006).]

#304146 - 05/03/06 11:43 AM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Bebop & Peter, many thanks for the nice replies. Peter, having read the other posting thread here , in which you requested, & subsequently received the chords for this tune, I'm hoping you might now consider recording and sharing with us, your Tyros rendition of this classic song composed & originally recorded by Roy Orbison in the fifties, and then a 70's hit for Linda Ronstadt as well. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-03-2006).]

Hi Scott,

I didn't know Linda Ronstadt recorded the song, i'll try and locate it and compare with Roy Orbison's version which I think is tremendous. He seems effortlessly to span about three octaves with his voice. I've been peforming now for about a week this song and when I next bring my Tyros 1 home, should be this weekend, I'll do a quick record.

All the best Scott

Peter

#304147 - 05/05/06 09:21 AM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Peter Lowden Offline

As promised Scott i've done a quick record of the song based on the Roy Orbison version

If anyone would like to hear it just email me

peterloudon@wight365.net

I've recorded an mp3 version as well for anyone who does not have the Tyros 1 - 2

Kind regards to all

Peter

#304148 - 05/05/06 06:36 PM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sending me your Tyros2 instrumental version of "Blue Bayou". Enjoyed it. - Scott

#304149 - 05/05/06 10:06 PM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Hi Peter,

Thanks for sending me your Tyros2 instrumental version of "Blue Bayou". Enjoyed it. - Scott

Hi Scott, glad you liked the recording, I wish I had recorded it on the tyros 2, but alas! it was played on the Tyros 1 !!!!!!

Got me thinking Scott, is the sound of the Tyros 1 not instantly recognizable as inferior to Tyros 2? On this theme a friend recently sent me a recording of "Singing in the rain" using the on board Music data base settings inc OTS, The style used, the voices selected, in fact everything sounded the same as Tyros 1, is this the exception or norm!

Always good to hear from you Scott, take care

Kind regards to all

Peter

#304150 - 05/06/06 07:23 AM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
is the sound of the Tyros 1 not instantly recognizable as inferior to Tyros 2?

Inferior?! I'd never use "that" word. I still think Tyros1 a superb sounding arr keyboard and more than suitable to satisfy any audience out there. Tyros2, on the other hand offers dramatically improved voices (aka: super articulation), bringing far greater "live playing" instrument realism potential to keyboard emulation. In addition, Tyros2 includes a dramtically improved keyboard action: semi weighted, more responsive, and similar to what I remember my Technics KN keyboard had. Another welcome addition is the T2's built in Digital Audio (WAV) HD recorder, which allows you to conveniently record both vocals & keyboard ouptut simultaneously. Without it I could not have recorded "Blue Bayou" live on the fly the way I did.

Peter, whether you decide to upgrade to Tyros2 or not is up to you. Afterall, the thing our audiences most appreciates is the musicianship & artistic expression coming from "us" behind the keyboard. No electronic keyboard can replace/substitute for that.

Scott

#304151 - 05/06/06 08:06 AM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
[b]is the sound of the Tyros 1 not instantly recognizable as inferior to Tyros 2?

Inferior?! I'd never use "that" word. I still think Tyros1 a superb sounding arr keyboard and more than suitable to satisfy any audience out there. Tyros2, on the other hand offers dramatically improved voices (aka: super articulation), bringing far greater "live playing" instrument realism potential to keyboard emulation. In addition, Tyros2 includes a dramtically improved keyboard action: semi weighted, more responsive, and similar to what I remember my Technics KN keyboard had. Another welcome addition is the T2's built in Digital Audio (WAV) HD recorder, which allows you to conveniently record both vocals & keyboard ouptut simultaneously. Without it I could not have recorded "Blue Bayou" live on the fly the way I did.

Peter, whether you decide to upgrade to Tyros2 or not is up to you. Afterall, the thing our audiences most appreciates is the musicianship & artistic expression coming from "us" behind the keyboard. No electronic keyboard can replace/substitute for that.

Scott [/B]

Hi Scott,

Well inferior is probably a cruel way of putting it but i'm sure it's reality. When you compare things one has to be the best and the other inferior to it.

I've not bought the Tyros 2 yet, I know it will be better than Tyros 1 but i'm still unsure of how much. When you heard my recording of Blue Bayou you passed the song as having been recorded on Tyros 2 when actually it was recorded on Tyros 1, it's this sort of thing that makes me hesitant about upgrading. With your proffessional ear Scott even you did not instantly spot the difference!

When I hear recordings made on my kn7000 and those made on my Tyros 1 they sound very different to me and the audiences but how many people would notice the difference between Tyros 1 and Tyros 2

It's just my thoughts Scott and the reason i'm still holding back from Tyros 2

Kind regards

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online